The second Glasgow Tech Fest noticed greater than 300 delegates collect to share concepts round rising the town’s burgeoning expertise sector.
Members of the tech neighborhood attended the occasion on 19 April, organised by Glasgow Metropolis Innovation District, and held within the Expertise & Innovation Centre on the College of Strathclyde.
The occasion targeted on 5 key themes: impactful innovation, market dynamics, ecosystem growth, industrial methods, and development management.
The packed agenda noticed audio system together with: TV presenter and journalist Spencer Kelly; Bayile Adeoti, Founding father of Dechomai and President of Scottish Ladies in Enterprise; Alison Porter, Portfolio Supervisor at Janus Henderson World Buyers; Dominic McGregor, co-founder of Social Chain and founding father of Fearless Adventures; and Professor Janice Kirkpatrick OBE, Inventive Director of Graven share insights on profitable innovation and collaboration.
Amongst the important thing takeaways from Glasgow Tech Fest had been:
- AI and AI providers that help Automation are actually an important digital service for any enterprise
- World traders recognise the worth of investing in companies creating merchandise utilising AI, Crypto, Digital Cloud and the Meta verse
- Buyers have shifted their considering to commercialising deep tech innovation which aligns with the pipeline of innovation that’s rising from Glasgow’s newest tech startups and spinouts
- Having a strong imaginative and prescient and shared mission gives early stage companies a transparent pathway from which to develop their enterprise
- The Ecosystem is nice at offering a spread common enterprise help e.g. funding and IP help, nonetheless a bigger focus is now wanted on creating gross sales expertise and abilities inside organisations
- The Industrial Methods panel session highlighted that as quickly as you begin your enterprise, creating your group members gross sales expertise from throughout the enterprise is essential;
- There’s a clear alternative to convey collectively founders with earlier begin up expertise (those that have obtained funding and grown their enterprise) with expertise who’ve a number of years of deep business experience. Combining each abilities delivers a robust growth group from which to speed up enterprise development.
Following the success of the 2023 occasion a date for subsequent 12 months’s Glasgow Tech Fest has already been set for 16 Might, which is able to coincide with Glasgow Tech Week which is able to run from 13-17 Might.
Glasgow Metropolis Innovation District would be the founding companion and lead organiser of the Week which can be a celebration of the expertise being developed throughout the town from the founders, leaders and companies concerned in creating them. The format can be a week-long pageant that may showcase the experience and growth of Glasgow’s Tech sector and presents the town’s tech ecosystem the chance to return collectively and collaborate on rising the Metropolis’s innovation financial system.
GCID Venture Director Alisdair Gunn stated: “Our second Glasgow Tech Fest was an enormous success and we’ve obtained great suggestions from attendees. It’s clear this occasion is a well-liked discussion board for tech firms in Glasgow Metropolis Innovation District and the tech ecosystem past to share their concepts and community.
“Over the approaching months we can be partaking with companions from throughout the tech and innovation ecosystem to ask them to help, curate and host their very own occasions as a part of Glasgow Tech Week”
“Glasgow Tech Week would be the first of its variety for any metropolis in Scotland and can be open to companions who’re concerned in creating Glasgow’s key business sectors in addition to those that help the expansion and funding of expertise companies from throughout the Glasgow Metropolis Area.”